Friday, March 8, 2013

Jezebel worries me sometimes.

http://jezebel.com/5989074/head-of-california-republican-assembly-says-pregnancy-from-rape-is-rare

For some reason that last statistic in the list of bullets at the tail end of this article caught my eye and made me curious.  So I followed the supplied link to learn more.  And I found out that the statistic, as represented, was wrong.  In fact, it was wrong *and* the attribution was wrong, too.

I didn't investigate the others, but the experience made me glum.  I don't know if I should be holding a tabloid site like Jezebel to a higher standard, but I feel like I should--because not only do I not like being fed incorrect information, but Jezebel also tries to further a national dialogue about women, and without factual facts, the dialogue suffers.


No comments:

Post a Comment